Safe Place Implementation Training
National Safe Place Network (NSPN) provides Safe Place training and program support to youth service agencies across the country to ensure all communities carry out consistent and effective Safe Place services. The Safe Place Implementation Training is required for organizations implementing Safe Place for the first time and highly recommended for current licensed Safe Place agencies with new Safe Place staff. The training is also a great refresher for those staff who have not received a thorough Safe Place training in recent years.
Safe Place training topics include:
- History and development of Safe Place
- Setting up and maintaining a Safe Place program
- Safe Place procedures
- Community and school outreach
- Media and public relations
- Volunteer utilization
- Partnering with other community organizations (transit, fire departments, law enforcement agencies)
- Funding / Development
For more information about this training and / or about how to start a Safe Place program, please contact Susan Harmon, Director of Safe Place National Operations, at 888-290-7233 or firstname.lastname@example.org.